- REMEMBERING JACK KEROUAC
- Writers are, in a way, very powerful indeed.
- They write the script for the reality film.
- Kerouac opened a million coffee bars and sold
- a million pairs of Levis to both sexes.
- Woodstock rises from his pages.
- Now if writers could get together into a real tight
- union, we'd have the world right by the words.
- We could write our own universes, and they would
- all be as real as a coffee bar or a pair of Levis
- or a prom in the Jazz Age. Writers could
- take over the reality studio. So they must not
- be allowed to find out that they can make
- it happen. Kerouac understood this long
- before I did. Life is a dream, he said.
- from White Fields Press Published in Heaven Poster Series #10 Poster: Lawrence, Kansas 1992" -Allen Ginsberg. More transcendental thought.
- when i write...
travelogues: Around the World in 1999
poems: Life's first Mocha
fiction: The Underground - a love story
published photos: 1999 Wildlands Studies Annual Catalog - photo by Jim Carr
home | e-mail | why?